Hello....and welcome to my private little blog!!! Muahahaha.
I hope everyone is having a joyful Christmas season.
I've met lots of fellow bloggers who are adopting. Some are in country now visiting their sons and daughters. Some are already home with their little ones. Beautiful.
As you all know, I made the very hard decision to decline a referral I received. It was so difficult and there is a lingering sadness in my heart. After struggling with my decision and reaching out to other people who have adopted internationally, I have found that it's not that uncommon. One contact even suggested that more unhealthy babies are recommended as they are trying to place these children. Most everyone I talked to said they had to decline their first and sometimes their second referral due to severe health issues. One lady said that although it was difficult at the time, being home with her now 11 year old daughter, the first referral has become a vague memory.
I don't want "A" to ever become a vague memory to me. I don't fault this lady or anything, every journey to adoption is unique and personal. I have been struggling with sorrow and guilt about declining my first referral. I had to be realistic about what I could do and how I would be able to care for this child.....being single and running two businesses and having aging parents. She will definitely be better off with a stay-at-home mommy who can give her what I can't.
As I said below, I've been struggling with the "why". Why was "A" brought into my life when we all knew I wasn't the best choice for her? I've prayed for an answer to that question.
Today, a fellow blogger, R, sent me an email. She too had to decline a referral. In her message, she said this....
"I too still wonder why that little girl was brought into our lives, when we both knew she wasn't meant to be ours. My friend suggested that maybe we are simply meant to pray for her...so that is what I do! When I pray for my child(ren), I pray for her too! "
So that is what I am going to do. Instead of praying that God will help me understand why. I will now start praying FOR HER. So, when you say your prayers tonight, would you please say a prayer for "A"? Pray that the perfect family will find her. Pray that she is not left in an orphanage. Pray that she will be healed.
Love and Peace to all this joyous season. "Unto YOU a child is born, and his name is Christ Jesus."
Ten Day Count Down!
8 years ago

1 comment:
We will definitely add Aliona to our prayer list. Thanks for letting us share in your journey. Peace and Happy memories this Christmas! Love to you and your family! Randy, Joan, Katy and AnnaClaire
Post a Comment