Thursday, September 18, 2008

Frances

I got the fabric swatches in today for the baby bedding below. It's really pretty. I love the paisley matched with the pink stripe and lavender dotted sheets. I really love it. It's expensive though and the princess will outgrow it before long, so I have to decide if I want to spend alot of money on baby bedding that will have to be changed to little girl decor in a few years....if that long. So, I'm going to heed my mother's advice and go to the Play Pen and Babies R Us and look at their bedding....which is 10 times cheaper. But since I've waited 40 years to have a baby, I might just splurge now and learn to conserve later. One way or the other, I will have a nursery set up before Christmas.

I've also been picking out potential names for my little one. I have a few in mind, but want to meet her first to make a final decision. It's important to remember that she will already have a name and I may want to keep it or use it as a middle name. If it's Alexandria or Mika or Dasha, I might keep it. If it's Svetlana or Olga or Vera, I might use it as a middle name or I might not use it at all.....depends. Little Mika or Svetlana will grow up one day and might be ticked off at her mama for changing her name. It's alot to consider.

I have a story I want to post before I actually get the referral with baby girl and name attached. As I've told you I always knew I would be a mother and always knew I would adopt. Many years ago, I had a dream. I still recall it to this day. I dreamt I had a little baby girl named Frances. Now, I'm not especially fond of that name and I know noone named Frances. I have no idea where that name came from, but the dream was very specific. If I get a referral of a little girl named Frances, I'm going to flippin freak out. Not a very Russian name, so highly unlikely, but still......I've been waiting for my Frances for a long time.

2 comments:

rlooney said...

We all hope you will get your Frances as soon as possible! Although if her name turns out to be Frances I think a lot of people are going to want to know more about any other specific dreams you've had about the future.

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

We know three people with the name Frances. One is a grandma, the other are two sweet little girls.

I had a girl name picked out for eleven years, but when we got our referral her given name just seemed to "fit" so much better.

Best Wishes! Kim

kimabraham.blogspot.com