Saturday, August 23, 2008

Half Way

Well, if all my calculations are correct and everything is smooth sailing, I am half way through the waiting process. Time is really going by fast. Most people say this step of the process is painfully slow. I guess because I stay so busy at work and at the theatre, the time is going by quickly for me. I'm still hoping January will be the magic month I receive my referral.

I spoke with my agency yesterday regarding the conflict between Russia and Georgia. They said it's really business as usual but are, of course, keeping an eye on the situation. The regions I am registered in are not near Georgia. The news seems to have slowed down about the conflict since the ceasefire. The only thing I'm listening for is if Russia stops issuing Visas into the country. That would cause a delay, if not worse, but I don't see that happening unless the U.S. puts troops in Georgia. Russia is a sleeping giant folks, I doubt the U.S. wants to wake it. But, that is no comfort to the Georgian people, who thought the U.S. would come to it's aid. Ah....it's a political matter that I have no control over, so I must watch and pray.

I feel a peace, an inner calm if you will, about my adoption process. I feel it is destined, but unfortunately I can't read my destiny in a crystal ball, so it's only what I feel. I just have to walk forward and keep believing.

I must admit though, with the death of the baby in Virginia and the Russia/Georgia conflict, I got a big dose of reality. Before, I was picking our furniture, baby names, shopping at Babies R Us, dreaming of my new life, etc, etc. Since that dose of reality, that all stopped cold. I think you have to guard yourself against heartache and be prepared for anything.

But now, I'm starting to think on those things again.

No comments: