I have some very sad news to share. A few months ago, a couple from Virginia brought home their son from Russia. The baby's name was Chase. He had been home three months and one morning his new dad was going to drop him off at day care on his way to work. Tragically, the dad "forgot" to drop Chase off and left him in his car all day long and Chase died of heat stroke. Upon realizing this.....at 5:00pm in the afternoon, the new dad fainted and had a heart attack and has been in a mental hospital trying to.......cope. I know it was a tragic, tragic accident and I have empathy for the dad, but poor Chase. This baby was abandoned by his biological mom and dad, raised in an orphanage for nearly 2 years and brought to America only to be abandoned in the back of a Yukon by his new dad. The sorrow and pain this little baby went through in his short 21 months is heartbreaking and makes me very sad. I saw a picture of him on the internet and I will never forget his beautiful face. I know he is with God now and is in no more pain, but the world betrayed Chase and I'm so sorry for him. So sorry.
Chase was placed in his new home by the same adoption agency I am using. I have been trying so hard not to be selfish in my desire by the repercussions of this tragedy. You see, Russia must react to the death of this baby.....and I don't blame them. All of us trying to adopt have been worried and unsure of what our future holds. Will Russia close it's doors to adoption? Will my agency be banned from operating in Russia? Will I be able to adopt at all? I'm trying not to think of my own desires and think of Chase and the people who adopted him and all the children in orphanages around the world......and not about me.
I learned very early into the adoption process that adoption is about the child, not about the parents.....me. Yes, I desire, but it's not about my desire. It's about finding the best place for the child. What is best for the child, not what is best for me. So, although it has been in God's hands from the beginning, I turned my worries over to him last night. If I am the best place for a baby, we will find each other.
The Russian Ministry of Education was supposed to have a ruling last week, but we have no word yet. Please pray that their decision will be in the best interest of the children.
Peace & Love,
Lavonne
Ten Day Count Down!
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment